First open call for the capacity building programme
IWORDS GLOBAL´S SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY UNIT ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION AND MITIGATION OF THE EFFECTS OF CLIMATE CHANGE 2021-I
1. Call for proposal
IWORDS Global and its Social Responsibility Unit announce its first call for the Capacity Building Programme for non-profit organizations. This programme will provide small and medium-sized organizations access to consulting services for the creation and strengthening of their institutional and organizational processes, with the objective of having adequate work routes that guarantee their financial and programmatic sustainability. The selected organizations focus their missions and initiatives on environmental conservation and the responsible and conscious use and management of natural resources with the purpose of mitigating the effects of climate change, within the framework of sustainable human development.
2. IWORDS Global and its commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
Always committed to the initiatives aimed at making the world a better place, IWORDS Global and its Social Responsibility Unit consider that the protection and conservation of the environment is everyone’s task. It also identifies the need for urgent actions that mitigate the effects of climate change and global warming. Along the same lines and as part of its corporate strategy of social responsibility, IWORDS Global wants to provide its support to those collectives, community-based organizations, and networks that focus their efforts on guaranteeing environmental sustainability for the benefit of future generations, as contemplated by the Sustainable Development Goals.
IWORDS Global believes that emphasis should be placed on environmental education for all actors in society in order to generate clear commitments that produce long-term results and a strong impact. We assume our responsibility and not only lead friendly initiatives with our environment, but we also offer our greatest differentiating feature in supporting those who fight for our planet.
We invite you to work as a team because it is everyone’s duty!
3. Who do we support?
We receive application from organizations, groups, or collectives that:
– are grassroots organizations
– have as their mission the promotion of the conservation and the responsible and conscious use and management of natural resources with the purpose of mitigating the effects of climate change, within the framework of sustainable human development;
– their budget is below USD 30,000;
– have practices that are inclusive and seek alliances with populations considered vulnerable;
– know their strengths and weaknesses and want to strengthen their capacities;
– can demonstrate their commitment to collaborate with other civil society actors who have an interest in mitigating the effects of climate change;
– work on subjects that are directly related to one or more of the following topics;
- clean energy
- renewable energy sources
- conservation of glaciers
- reforestation and forest conservation
- conservation of the planet’s oceans (coral protection)
- citizen actions against climate change
- conservation of animal species
- spread of diseases in humans
The selected organizations, collectives, or networks (three) are those that have strategies aimed at reporting and making events that threaten the environment visible, as well as the generating concrete actions and impact in the short- and medium-term that seek to mitigate or prevent the effects of climate change, within the framework of sustainable human development.
4. What kind of organizations will not be able to be part of our programme?
- Organizations, collectives, or networks whose mission does not include any aspect related to environmental conservation and the responsible and conscious use and management of natural resources with the purpose of mitigating the effects of climate change, within the framework of sustainable human development.
- Organizations founded by political parties, government agencies, or structurally or economically dependent on them.
- Companies/businesses or individuals.
- Social movements that do not have an official registration in their country of origin.
- Organizations whose budget exceeds USD 30,000.
- Organizations and work teams that do not have a willingness to change and an express commitment of responsibility towards the programme and activities suggested.
5. To apply to this call, you must send:
- A video explaining why you consider IWORDS Global support to be important to your organization, the kind of support you want, and what impact you can expect to generate once this support ends. In this three- to five-minute video, you should also tell us about your work, your members, and the change you are creating (or want to create).
- Three references from organizations or entities that talk about your work. You must send a video or a letter mentioning why we should support you and why this process would be important to you.
6. Deadline for submitting the application
You must send all the documents previously mentioned to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (video expressing your interest and three references), no later than 22 April, 2021, 9:00 pm London (GTM).
7. Steps to follow after submitting your application
After submitting your application (attaching video and three references), the steps that follow are:
- We will receive, review, and evaluate the application upon publication;
- the evaluation stage includes a meeting with the applicant organization;
- the entire evaluation process of an application takes a maximum of one week;
- our team will notify via email the acceptance or rejection of each participant in the process.
- we will select three (three) organizations and you will certainly hear from us.
8. What support can you expect from us?
We are offering 40 hours of free support provided by experts on institutional development. This programme will be developed in a three-month period. During this time, we will define an objective as well as follow a work plan where our best consultants and professionals will give the support, assistance, and transfer of knowledge that your team may require.
We are ready to help you be part of the change you yourself want to make in the world!
9. What are the topics in which we offer support?
Our Social Responsibility Unit will define a work plan according to the needs of your organization, with the purpose of developing a capacity-building programme in any of the subjects mentioned below:
- Strategic planning
- Policies and accountability systems
- Resource mobilization
- Monitoring and evaluation and learning
- Drafting and presentation of proposals to donors
- Communication and strategic visibility
- Other topics